Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a simple to prepare, tasty dish. It is perfect for the beginner or busy cook.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese (about 6 large slices, enough to cover all of the chicken)
- 1 1⁄2 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix (I use Pepperidge Farms brand)
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Grease bottom of 9 x 13" pan.
- Place chicken breasts in pan and cover with sliced mozarella cheese.
- Cover with soup.
- Top with stuffing mix.
- Pour melted butter over stuffing mix.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
This recipe definitely gets 2 thumbs-up from me as the most prep-friendly, ingredient-friendly, family-friendly & best down-home comfort food I have eaten in a while. I made a half recipe only because that is how much chicken I had to use & I wish there had been more since DH & I fought over the leftovers. Luckily part of our "marriage contract" was that we would negotiate all disagreements & I would win all negotiations. Thx for posting this recipe that is certain to encore at our dinner table. :-)
Dishes that are quick and easy always appeal to me. I used chicken tenders, but otherwise followed directions. DH and I enjoyed this dish.