Recipe by Soup Fly *
Such a simple casserole that is very filling and delicious. A friend gave me this recipe when I needed something easy to cook for a family dinner. I've since made it several times and always receive compliments. This recipe is also easy to double, or even triple, for large families.
Top Review by AnnieCan
This was very simple to make and very tasty but a little dense with too predominant a stuffing flavour for me. My husband loved it and I would definitely make this again. I will increase the chicken and use a little less soup. Thanks for this one, it's a keeper.
- 1 (6 ounce) box chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 can cream of chicken soup or 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chicken in skillet.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool a bit.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare stuffing mix as directed on box.
- Stir soup into prepared stuffing.
- Pull chicken apart into bite-size pieces.
- Mix chicken evenly into soup and stuffing mixture.
- Spread mixture into greased 9"x11" pan.
- Top with cheese if desired.
- (I usually do not do this, but its a personal preference.) Bake until top is slightly browned or cheese is melted.
- (Approx 15 minutes).