Recipe by peachez
This is the basic recipe I use for Dijon chicken, I also substitute cajun seasonings, honey mustard, crushed carlic croutons. This recipe is so easy to mix and match to any tastes or what you have on hand. I also cut one of the breasts into " nuggets " then season, coat and dredge, my DS doesn't know of " Mickey D's " fast food. Easy finger food for toddlers, adjust the seasonings for toddler's taste. You can bake these " nuggets " within the same pan, but adjust baking time down for this size. I also lightly drizzle honey atop his servings, healthier and fun for him to have his own.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt, scant to taste
- garlic powder
- red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season chicken to your taste.
- In a small bowl, mix well the sour cream and Dijon mustard- set aside.
- Dip each seasoned breast in sour cream/ mustard mixture, coating well.
- Dredge each coated breast in seasoned bread crumbs.
- Arrange pieces in a a 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until thickest part is no longer pink.