Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick, weeknight version of chicken curry and uses the meat from a store-bought rotisserie roasted chicken to save time.
- 236.59 ml water
- 236.59 ml couscous
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 236.59 ml golden raisin
- 14.79 ml curry powder
- 907.18 g rotisserie-cooked chicken, remove and shred meat from a store-bought chicken
- 236.59 ml coconut milk
- 0.25 ml salt, to taste
- 0.25 ml pepper, to taste
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Turn off heat. Add couscous, stir once, then cover and let sit until the rest of the recipe is complete.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion, garlic, carrots and raisins and saute until onions are just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Add chicken and coconut milk and bring to a simmer, stirring often. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer couscous to a large serving bowl and fluff with a fork. Add scallions and toss to combine. Spoon chicken curry over the center of the couscous.
Very easy and good, made as directed altho I missed out the raisins, not a fan, and I added some zucchini, also cut into matchsticks. I used garam masala for the curry powder and was generous with it. I made my couscous much later on, when the curry was about ready to serve. Nice recipe, ideal for weeknights, thank you CaliforniaJan, made for PRMR tag game
I never expected to like this dish. I'm shy about curry and unsure if I even like Indian cuisine, but I decided to give it a try. I didn't have precooked chicken so I sauteed some after the veg was done. Added a lot of garlic, plus garlic powder. I was afraid to even taste the end product but... I LOVED it. Licked the plate clean! Thank you so much, I will be making this again and again!
This was a quick and tasty meal, I used a left over breast and thigh from a 4 1/2 lb chicken. I 3/4 of the can of coconut milk and a little extra curry. It doesn't have the flavor complexity of some curries but for a fast meal it was great. I used Couscous Basics for the Couscous made with chicken broth. We topped the curry with scallions and diced cucumber. Thanks Jan for a lovely meal! Made for ZWT6 for the Unrulies Under the Influence