1/1 Photo of Easy Chicken Curry
1 hr 15 mins
Another find from Jeremy Vincent. More spicy than hot, but you could always add chilli if you like your curry hot. I did not use as much salt but posted the recipe as written, also either brown or yellow mustard seeds can be used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds, brown
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 400 ml coconut milk
- chopped spring onion, for garnish
- 1In a bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients into a loose, smooth paste then place the cut chicken breasts side-by-side in a large, flat dish and coat both sides with the paste. The meat is best left to marinate for 30 minutes to one hour, but if you are in a hurry a few minutes will do.
- 2Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and add the mustard seeds. When they start to pop and jump about in the pan, add the onion and garlic. Cook until they are golden brown before adding the chicken and any extra paste from the marinade.
- 3Fry over a gentle heat for about eight minutes before adding the coconut milk.
- 4Increase the heat slightly and bring to a simmer.
- 5Cook for a further 10-12 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly, before seasoning with salt if necessary. Garnish with chopped spring onion and serve with rice or naan bread.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.2
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 445.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 28.3 g