Recipe by Chohertz
This is an adapted recipe of Madhur Jafreys. I have had great success with making this recipe for guests. People are always asking for this recipe as they see how quickly I get dinner together and they love how it tastes. I have used ground turkey as a sub for the ground chicken. Also I have used cubed chicken breasts if I don't have ground on hand. I once used leftover Tzatziki sauce and used that in lieu of the yogurt or sour cream and it was also good. The curry powder I use is the Sweet Curry I buy from penzeys.com. The recipe is flexible if you want to add 1 cup of cooked/cubed potatoes and/or 1 Cup of frozen peas at the step where you add the tomatoes.
Top Review by Ang11002
I made this today for a late lunch and enjoyed. I did think it was missing salt and after eating a bowl as is, added some garam masala and onion salt which really enhanced it. Also used ground chicken. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream or 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- -Cook onion in large saute pan on medium until carmelized.
- -Add garlic and cook 2 minutes or until garlic is just browning.
- -Add ground chicken and curry powder and cook until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- -Add can of tomatoes and cook until most of liquid has evaporated.
- -Add yogurt or sour cream and cook until well incorporated and whole dish is of creamy consistency.
- -Serve with the cooked rice.