Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This dish is an oldy but goody. My husband asked me to try making this dish because it was a favorite from his childhood. Wow was it easy and great to entertain with.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 two-ounce cubes swiss cheese
- 4 slices ham
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- Cut a pocket in each chicken breast.
- Wrap a slice of ham around each cube of cheese, insert into chicken and secure with a tooth pick or two.
- Liberally season panko and milk (separately) with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in to milk bath, then roll in panko to coat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minute.
Very good and moist. I've never dipped it in only milk, but it worked. The only thing is the coating needed more flavor to it. Maybe it was the type of panko's I used, not sure. Will make again but I'll add spices to the panko's. Thanks Laura! Made for PAC Spring 2011
This was very good and very Moist. I used Whipping cream for Milk and I used provolone cheese instead and it was a hit with my family!
What a tasty dinner! This is definitely quite an easy cordon bleu, except that the 2 ounce cube of cheese was a little big to fit into the chicken breast! I just had to use lots of toothpicks and it turned out great! You can get away with using less milk and breadcrumbs. I also had to cook this for 20 minutes longer. My Son is a chicken cordon bleu expert and he just loved this. Made for my adopted chef for this round of Pick A Chef. Thanks Laura! :)