Recipe by Laura Charlonne
This dish is an oldy but goody. My husband asked me to try making this dish because it was a favorite from his childhood. Wow was it easy and great to entertain with.
Top Review by Buzymomof3
Very good and moist. I've never dipped it in only milk, but it worked. The only thing is the coating needed more flavor to it. Maybe it was the type of panko's I used, not sure. Will make again but I'll add spices to the panko's. Thanks Laura! Made for PAC Spring 2011
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 two-ounce cubes swiss cheese
- 4 slices ham
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a pocket in each chicken breast.
- Wrap a slice of ham around each cube of cheese, insert into chicken and secure with a tooth pick or two.
- Liberally season panko and milk (separately) with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in to milk bath, then roll in panko to coat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minute.