Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great dish to serve to guests. This is also one of my husband's favorite dishes and it is treat to serve it to him as well.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 slices ham (I use old fashioned or honey)
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can mushroom soup (I really like Campbell's Golden Mushroom)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- Use a meat pounder to flatten the chicken breats.
- Place 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of cheese in the center of each breast.
- Roll up and place seam side down in a casserole dish.
- Securing with a toothpick if necessary.
- Bake, covered, for 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- While it is baking, mix together remaining ingredients.
- Pour over cooked chicken and bake until sauce bubbles.
- I usually serve this over egg noodles.
Delicious, very easy to make. I used 4 chicken breast, sauted the mushroom before adding to the mushroom soup and sour cream. Didn't need to use toothpicks, they stayed together prefectly. Added the sauce, it took about 30 minutes to heat. Thank you Pam for a great, easy recipe.
Pamela, I couldn't believe how easy this was to make and the results were incredible! I used the golden mushroom soup as you suggested and it was just perfect. I prepared exactly as you directed, only using 4 chicken breasts, instead of 6. When I added the sauce to the chicken, it took about another 30 minutes to heat in the pan. My family dined like royality tonight, Pamela, thanks to you! : ) I highly recommend this dish!
i thought this was very good! I threw it together at the last minute with 3 little ones underfoot and little time to spare. It was very easy and we LOVED the creamy sauce! I will definately be making this again.