Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is meant to be the easiest possible coconut 'curry' that you can make, for those that don't keep a stock of Asian specialty items (like me) or who just like clean flavors. Serves 2.
- 8 ounces chicken breasts
- 4 -5 small chilies (green and red)
- 1 (8 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 ounce fresh basil
- While slightly frozen or thawing, slice chicken into thin medallions.
- Meanwhile, bring coconut milk and salt to simmer in a large, thick pan over low heat.
- When simmering, add chicken to pan. Cover and keep at just a simmer. Slice the small chilis lengthwise, discarding stem. Use a knife to scrape off the seeds and rinse. Add chilis to pan.
- When the chicken is done (~20 minutes for me) remove from heat and stir in whole basil leaves, unless the leaves are exceptionally large. Let sit a few minutes for the flavors to mix.
- Serve over white rice.