1/1 Photo of Easy Chicken Chow Mein
This is fresh-tasting and easy to make. I enjoy it much better than take-out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 package fresh celery (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups cut up cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- hot cooked rice
- chow mein noodles
- 1In a large pot, saute celery in oil for apx 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2Add bean sprouts (if using), mushrooms, water chestnuts, and chicken.
- 3In a large bowl, blend cornstarch with water.
- 4When smooth, add chicken broth and soy sauce to bowl.
- 5Mix well and pour over meat and vegetables.
- 6Bring to a boil, stirring until sauce thickens.
- 7Reduce heat to low.
- 8Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- 9Serve over hot, cooked rice and chow mein noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken Chow Mein
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.2
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 42.6 mg
- Sodium 1320.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 20.6 g