Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Simple to make chimichangas
- 1 lb chicken breast, boiled
- 4 tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mexican cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning
- oil (for frying)
- Boil chicken until cooked.
- Pull chicken apart or cut into strips.
- Mix together sour cream and 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Heat tortillas for 45 seconds in the microwave.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of sour cream/cheese mix, 1/4 of the seasoning and 1/4 of chicken onto center of each tortilla.
- Fold in 2 opposing edges of tortilla ~1 inch each, then wrap one unfolded side beyond midline, and finally bring the last unfolded side over top of the other three folds.
- Put folded side down in frying pan with heated (med/med-hi) 1" deep oil.
- Let brown for 5 minutes, then turn over and brown other side for 5 minutes.
- Put into a 400º oven for ~5 minutes, then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of each and let it melt (~5 minutes).