Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an excellent comfort food with a little spice (you can adjust the heat to your liking). Very easy to make and not too many ingredients. It took a couple tries before I found the right taste. Enjoy!
- 1 lb chicken breast, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large skillet, saute chicken breasts in the olive oil with garlic and onion until chicken is no longer pink. (I continued to chop the chicken into smaller pieces with a spatula while it cooked.).
- Add beans, chilies, broth, cumin, and cayenne pepper to the skillet, stir and bring to a boil.
- Mix corn starch and cold water, making sure the powder is completely dissolved. Add to skillet and stir. (You can add more or less of this mixture until chili is desired thickness.).
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Topping suggestions: shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions, tortilla chips.
- You can add more cayenne pepper if you prefer a hotter dish.