Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I first made this chili during a snowstorm when I had to use what was in the house. It has become a family favorite. You can vary the spice by using hot or mild salsa instead of medium.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pices
- 1 (16 ounce) jarof medium salsa
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) canof small cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 (1 3/8 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Brown the chicken in the olive oil.
- Add the salsa, beans, tomatoes, chili seasoning, and tomato paste.
- Mix well.
- Simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
I had everything in the house for this already except the cannellini beans but I did have pinto beans so I used them instead. For the seasoning mix I used recipe #38719. Just for a textural preference (shredded vs. cubed), I put the thighs in whole, then when cooked through, I pulled them out, shredded & added back in. This was a very quick and easy weeknight dinner with lots left over for lunches for the week. Thanks!