Prep 2 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Very easy, tasty, cheap and SO healthy! Just toss the ingredients in your crock pot in the morning and come home to dinner. All ingredients can be kept on hand for easy dinner any night of the week. I originally got this recipe from flylady.com . It's since become a staple at our house! I've shared the recipe with friends, and they love it. Apparently the men say its "Man food, very meaty & hearty!" Haha! My sis-in-law even served it to us when she invited us to dinner!
- 4 -5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa verde
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced anaheim chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- steamed rice
- Toss everything but the rice into the crock pot. You can use fresh chicken breasts, but frozen are easier to keep stocked.
- Cook on low 8 hours or high for 4.
- Quickly shred chicken with two forks (or don't.) Serve over rice.
Awesome...great flavor....easy to do! Cook often!!
This was really good and very easy to make. I actually substituted the anaheim chilies with a 10oz can of Rotel Tomato & Green Chilies and it turned out great. I just had it served over white rice but next time I'm going to try it in burritos and maybe even add some corn.