Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Looking for a creative way to use leftover chicken? These kicked-up, easy-to-prepare enchiladas come out of the oven hot and bubbly for a flavorful dish the whole family will love.
- 304.75 g can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 236.59 ml picante sauce
- 9.85 ml chili powder
- 473.18 ml chopped cooked chicken
- 118.29 ml shredded monterey jack cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 6 flour tortillas, warmed (6-inch)
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 green onion, sliced (about 2 tablespoons)
- Heat the oven to 350°F Stir the soup, sour cream, Picante sauce and chili powder in a medium bowl.
- Stir 1 cup soup mixture, chicken and cheese in a large bowl.
- Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas. Roll up the tortillas and place seam-side up in a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Top with tomato and onion.
- RECIPE TIPS:.
- Ingredient Note: Stir 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed, into the chicken mixture before filling the tortillas, if desired.
- Easy Substitution: Substitute 3 cans (4.5 ounces each) Swanson Premium White Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained, for the cooked chicken.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with iceberg salad mix with carrots and red cabbage and a red wine vinaigrette. For dessert serve prepared refrigerated flan.