Looking for a creative way to use leftover chicken? These kicked-up, easy-to-prepare enchiladas come out of the oven hot and bubbly for a flavorful dish the whole family will love.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 6 flour tortillas, warmed (6-inch)
- 1 small tomato, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 green onion, sliced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1Heat the oven to 350°F Stir the soup, sour cream, Picante sauce and chili powder in a medium bowl.
- 2Stir 1 cup soup mixture, chicken and cheese in a large bowl.
- 3Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas. Roll up the tortillas and place seam-side up in a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- 4Bake for 40 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Top with tomato and onion.
- 5RECIPE TIPS:.
- 6Ingredient Note: Stir 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed, into the chicken mixture before filling the tortillas, if desired.
- 7Easy Substitution: Substitute 3 cans (4.5 ounces each) Swanson Premium White Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained, for the cooked chicken.
- 8Serving Suggestion: Serve with iceberg salad mix with carrots and red cabbage and a red wine vinaigrette. For dessert serve prepared refrigerated flan.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken & Cheese Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.0
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 57.4 mg
- Sodium 923.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 19.0 g