Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
Haven't tried this one yet. Posting and saving for colder weather.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 -3 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup vermouth
- 4 (15 ounce) cans navy beans, drained
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumbs or 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1 (12 ounce) jar mushroom beef gravy
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, cut up
- Heat oil in a large (12-inch) cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat; brown chicken on both sides.
- Add mushrooms and rosemary; saute/stir for 3 minutes.
- Add in vermouth; cook 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cans beans and gently press into skillet.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper over the top.
- Drizzle with gravy.
- Add the remaining 2 cans navy beans.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the parmesan and breadcrumbs.
- Dot with butter.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
- Take off foil and bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.