Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
My mother-in-law gave me this recipe and told me it was my husband's favorite meal. I usually serve it with rice on the side.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 3 -4 chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- Ritz cracker (2 sleeves)
- 1⁄2-1 1⁄2 cup butter
- Boil chicken breast until they are white throughout.
- In a casserole dish, mix together soup and sour cream.
- Tear chicken into small chunks.
- Mix with soup-sour cream mixture.
- Crush the 2 sleeves of crackers and pour on top of chicken mixture.
- Melt butter and pour on top.
- Cover and put in the oven at 350F until heated through or when crackers on top are brown.
This is wonderful! I have a recipe like this, but this one is much easier. we really enjoyed this recipe.. mine came out PERFECT! I would not add a thing! thanks :o)
I haven't tried this particular recipe but it is VERY similar to the way I make mine. My kids are really picky and love this. I use 2 cans of cream of chicken soup and 1 8 oz. container of sour cream. When I boil the chicken breasts I add about 1/4 cup of soy sauce just to add a little more flavor. My mom actually uses an 8 oz. can of pineapple juice. It's good both ways. :)
It's very hard to find a dish that the whole family enjoys. I've made this twice already, and everyone loves it. It is so easy to make which makes me love it even more.