Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A sure crowd pleaser that could not be easier. Use low sodium products to reduce salt content. I use leftover cooked chicken sometimes in lieu of cooking the breasts.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 14.79 ml onion, minced
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 297.66 g can cream of chicken soup
- 297.66 g can cream of celery soup
- 226.79 g can sliced water chestnuts
- 198.44 g can sliced mushrooms
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 27 Ritz crackers (1 package)
- 9.85 ml poppy seeds
- 177.44 ml of melted margarine
- Boil chicken,onion, boulion cube in enough water to cover chicken, until done.
- Cool and remove meat from bone and break into small pieces-put aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine the soups, sour cream, water chestnuts and mushrooms.
- Add chicken meat and mix all ingredients well.
- Line a large casserole dish with part of the whole Ritz crackers.
- Pour soup mixture evenly over crackers.
- Sprinkle cheese over mixture, then crumble remaining crackers over this. Sprinkle poppy seed on top of crackers.
- Sprinkle melted butter over entire mixture and place dish in a pre-heated 400 degree oven.
- Heat until recipe is bubbly hot.
This is a GREAT casserole and everyone enjoyed it. The only thing I did different was to use 2 cans of cream of chicken soup as I was out of cream of celery soup. Still it was excellent. Esy too. Thanks so much for sharing, Ebbtide.