A sure crowd pleaser that could not be easier. Use low sodium products to reduce salt content. I use leftover cooked chicken sometimes in lieu of cooking the breasts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 (7 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 27 Ritz crackers (1 package)
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3/4 cup of melted margarine
- 1Boil chicken,onion, boulion cube in enough water to cover chicken, until done.
- 2Cool and remove meat from bone and break into small pieces-put aside.
- 3In large mixing bowl, combine the soups, sour cream, water chestnuts and mushrooms.
- 4Add chicken meat and mix all ingredients well.
- 5Line a large casserole dish with part of the whole Ritz crackers.
- 6Pour soup mixture evenly over crackers.
- 7Sprinkle cheese over mixture, then crumble remaining crackers over this. Sprinkle poppy seed on top of crackers.
- 8Sprinkle melted butter over entire mixture and place dish in a pre-heated 400 degree oven.
- 9Heat until recipe is bubbly hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.3
- Calories from Fat 494
- Total Fat 54.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 108.0 mg
- Sodium 1405.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 30.8 g