Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is made easy by using rotisserie chicken
Make and share this Easy Chicken Cashew Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cold rotisserie chicken
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup minced red onion
- 3⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Remove and discard skin and bones from rotisserie chicken. Tear meat into bite- size pieces and place in a large bowl with cashews, celery and onion. Mix together remaining ingredients in a small bowl and stir into chicken mixture. Chill for 1 hour to allow flavors to blend. Serve over salad greens or spoon into tomato cups, croissants or pita bread.
This was an easy and tasty version of chicken salad. I especially loved the hint of licorice from the tarragon. Very subtle! DH loved it, too. I used frozen, pre-cooked chicken strips, light mayo and light sour cream. For My 3 Chefs 2012