Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
I ate this as a tv dinner once and I new I could duplicate it. Turned out great.
- 1 lb diced white meat chicken
- 10 slices bacon (cut in small pieces)
- 2 -3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms
- 4 -5 tablespoons butter or 4 -5 tablespoons margarine
- 2 -3 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 2 jars of ragu creamy alfredo sauce
- 1 box angel hair pasta
- salt and pepper
- Marinate chicken with minced garlic, salt, pepper and liquid smoke for about an hour or two in the fridge.
- Melt 3 Tbs.
- of butter in frying pan and add your marinated chicken and cook until done.
- Set aside in a dish.
- Melt 2 Tbs.
- butter in the same frying pan and add in the onions and cook until halfway done.
- Add in your mushrooms next and cook the liquid out of them.
- When the mushrooms are halfway done add in your red bellpepper.
- Set this mixture aside in a bowl.
- Fry your bacon until done.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- Meanwhile, boil your noodles in salted water.
- Remove the drippings from the pan but do not wipe it clean.
- Pour both jars of the alfredo sauce and add a little water.
- I normally add it to the jar and swish it around to get the rest of the sauce from the jar.
- Once sauce starts to simmer pour all of your veggies from the bowl into the sauce and add in your chicken.
- Stir well.
- Let simmer for about 10- 15 minutes or until chicken is heated to desire temperature.
- Drain your noodles and add your sauce together or pour your sauce on top of your noodles.
- Whichever you prefer or is easier for you!
You could prepare this without the added butter or margarine. Just fry your bacon up and use the drippings to cook your onions, mushrooms and bell pepper. Carbonara is fattening enough as it is....
There are not enough stars to describe how delicious this was. IT Says 4-6 servings but we got 8+ servings (enough to freeze for later!). Wonderful bacon taste... creamy sauce. Its going in our recipe book!