Recipe by Claudia Dawn
This delicious chicken caesar salad can be thrown together easily on a work night. I took this to a carry in at my SIL's and was so embarrassed because everyone raved about the salad and kept going back for seconds (and thirds!) but said nothing about her main meal entry.
- 4 grilled chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs romaine lettuce
- 1 bunch green onion, diced (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) bottlekraft caesar ranch dressing
- 1 (3 ounce) jar hormel real bacon bits
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) box caesar-flavor croutons
- 1 (8 ounce) packagefinely shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and lay out lettuce leaves on paper towels and pat dry.
- Cut lettuce into 1 inch strips and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add chicken, bacon bits, mozzarella cheese, green onions, and toss.
- Cover lettuce with a fairly generous amount of Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper and toss again.
- Mix in Caesar Ranch dressing until lettuce is nicely coated.
- Add croutons to individual salad bowls when serving so they won't get soggy.