Recipe by Sandyg61
I wanted to make a dinner for company that didn't require a lot of last minute fusssing and came up with this. Serve with pasta and a green vegetable. The chicken can be made a day ahead and reheated.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 26 ounces chunky marinara sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 small red pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 fluid ounce wine (splash)
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sauté until brown.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add the bell pepper, garlic, and onion to the pan and sauté over medium heat , about 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for about 2 minutes more.
- Add the marinara sauce, wine, and capers.
- Return the chicken to the pan.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer. Simmer 40-45 minutes, until the chicken is very tender.