Recipe by InternationalCook
I found this recipe on the back of a Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce can and it turned out delicious. The kids enjoyed theirs over spaghetti noodles while my DH and I ate it over brown rice. I also sprinkled some red pepper flakes on top of ours for an extra kick. It is very simple to make. Enjoy!
- 3 lbs broiler or 3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut up
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 chopped onion (I added this-not included in recipe)
- 1 (26 ounce) candel monte chunky garlic and herb spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms or 1 cup green pepper
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil on med. high heat. Add onions and saute until translucent.
- Add chicken and brown about 10 minutes; drain. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Add spaghetti sauce; cover and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes. Add mushrooms or green peppers (if desired), cover and cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done. Serve with pasta or rice, if desired.