Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a simple -- yet tasty -- recipe that can be tweaked to individual taste, just by changing the flavor of cheese spread used!
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4 oz each)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 (4 ounce) package garlic & herb spreadable cheese
- 1 egg, beaten (optional)
- In large skillet, melt butter, Sprinkle chicken breasts with pepper and add to skillet.
- Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until well browned on all sides. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Unroll both cans of the dough and separate into 8 rectangles.
- Press each into 6x4-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal
- Spread cheese evenly in center of each dough rectangle and place chicken over cheese.
- Bring corners of dough together over chicken and press to seal; place on cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18 to 22 minutes or until deep golden brown. If you would like, brush lightly with egg during last 5 minutes of baking time.
- Variations: Try different cheese spreads such as swiss, cheddar, etc. to get different flavors. Also, try adding a thin slice of ham and using swiss spread for a different take on Cordon Bleu.
Really easy, great presentation! The chicken could have been a little more tender but it was still quite nice.
Used reduced fat crescent rolls and light garlic and herb cheese. Came out yummy and the hubby even said it was good! Made for Saucy Senoritas Family Picks ZWT5.
These are just plain TDF!!!! WOW!!! I made four and subbed puff pastry, and also added 2 thin slices of ham and a half slice of havarti cheese on top of each inside. DELICIOUS!!!! What a keeper!!! :) Made for the ZWT5! :)