Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very good for those cold days, but also good for the dieter. Apparently eating 2 servings of broth based soups a day will help in weight loss. Healthy, easy and fast.
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons organic chicken bouillon granules (and no msg)
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 cup organic vegetable wagon wheel macaroni
- In a 2 quart pot, heat water, bouillon, garlic sale and basil to boiling.
- Meanwhile grate carrot.
- Once boiling put carrot and noodles in pot.
- Simmer until noodles are soft.
- VOILA! Serve in 1 cup servings.
I love this soup. This is good with egg, frozen vegetables and cheese thrown in (how I USED to eat Liptons). Plus today I substituted the grated carrots for fresh beans, peas (in the pod) and cheese. This is an AWESOME base for chicken soup with any kind of vegetables in it.
I used 3 packets of Wyler's broth and seasoning mix and whole wheat elbow macaroni. This has a great flavor and it's fast and convenient. I will be making this again. Made for PAC Fall '07.