Recipe by nranger7
Most of the chicken broccoli casseroles I've seen here all have mayonaisse. Ick! This recipe uses a mixture of three different soups instead for it's creamy texture. The original recipe calls for cooked chicken breasts and cooked broccoli. I don't have time to cook things before I cook them! So I've always used uncooked chicken and frozen uncooked broccoli. Seems fine to me! :) Cooking time doesn't reflect pre-cooking of the chicken or broccoli... I can't stand cheddar cheese so I substitute mozzarella because that's the only cheese I can eat. I don't like mushrooms either, so I never put them in. Feel free to experiment!
Top Review by Smockmock
This was incredibly easy to make and used items most of us have in the house (even us begginers :D ). My boyfriend was also happy with it too. This is something I will defintely be making again.
- 3 -4 chicken breasts, cut in pieces
- 2 (14 ounce) packages frozen broccoli
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms (drained)
- 1 (5 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese