1/2 Photos of Easy Chicken & Black Bean Enchiladas
Deb's Recipes's Note:
Very tasty enchiladas and a great way to use up three-quarters of a pound of chicken or half-used can of black beans. My husband, who is quite vocal about his disdain of chicken, gets real quiet and goes back for seconds whenever I make these!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4-1 lb chicken breast, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- coarse-grind garlic salt
- 1/4 cup salsa (we like it medium-hot)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 1/4 cups grated monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend or 2 1/4 cups Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 12 -14 corn tortillas
- vegetable oil (for softening tortillas)
- 1 (15 ounce) can green enchilada sauce (Hatch Select)
- 1In frypan, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat until chicken is just done; season with garlic salt and cumin to taste; add salsa, black beans, and half the cheese and stir until evenly distributed.
- 2Heat oil in small frying pan; soften tortillas, one at a time, by placing in hot oil for a few seconds on each side; drain tortillas on absorbent paper.
- 3Divide chicken mixture between tortillas; roll tortillas tightly and place seam-side-down in a 9x13" baking pan that has been sprayed with no-stick cooking spray.
- 4Pour enchilada sauce evenly over top; top with remaining cheese; bake at 350° for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken & Black Bean Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.2
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 74.0 mg
- Sodium 532.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 30.6 g