Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Chicken pieces cooked with spices and mixed with basmati rice. And this one is real easy one to cook. Fast to cook, and tasty to eat.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 medium onion paste
- 1⁄2 inch ginger paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 cups basmati rice, washed and soaker for 30 min
- 4 crushed cardamom
- 2 inches crushed cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 teaspoon kewra essence
- to taste salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 3 cups water, for rice
- Marinate the chicken in curd along with ginger paste, red chili powder, and half of the crushed cardamom and cinnamon for 1/2 hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and stir fry the onion paste for 5 minutes. Add the marinated chicken into it and fry in medium heat till oil starts coming out from the pan.
- Add a little water and boil till the tender and dry.
- Heat ghee in rice cooker, add mace powder, nutmeg powder, salt, sugar and the remaining cardamom and cinnamon. Fry for a minute.
- Add rice and stir for 3 minutes. Add 3 cup water and cook the rice till it is 75% done.
- Mix the cooked chicken in layers and add saffron and Kewra essence. Keep it in under pressure for at least one hour. Garnish with boiled eggs.