Recipe by nadee_laky
Chicken pieces cooked with spices and mixed with basmati rice. And this one is real easy one to cook. Fast to cook, and tasty to eat.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 medium onion paste
- 1⁄2 inch ginger paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 cups basmati rice, washed and soaker for 30 min
- 4 crushed cardamom
- 2 inches crushed cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 teaspoon kewra essence
- to taste salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 3 cups water, for rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate the chicken in curd along with ginger paste, red chili powder, and half of the crushed cardamom and cinnamon for 1/2 hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and stir fry the onion paste for 5 minutes. Add the marinated chicken into it and fry in medium heat till oil starts coming out from the pan.
- Add a little water and boil till the tender and dry.
- Heat ghee in rice cooker, add mace powder, nutmeg powder, salt, sugar and the remaining cardamom and cinnamon. Fry for a minute.
- Add rice and stir for 3 minutes. Add 3 cup water and cook the rice till it is 75% done.
- Mix the cooked chicken in layers and add saffron and Kewra essence. Keep it in under pressure for at least one hour. Garnish with boiled eggs.