Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a magazine clipping.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 12 ounces chicken, cooked and shredded
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, green pepper, and garlic.
- Cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except chicken, and mix well.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in chicken.
- Cover and cook until hot and bubbly, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve chicken on sandwich buns.