Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is very simple. Not a lot of ingredients and pretty healthy. No big flavor sauces.
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Wash and snap the woody ends from the asparagus. Blanch in salted boiling water for 1 minute (or more depending on your preference for the doneness of the veg). Shock in ice water to stop cooking process. Drain on a dish cloth. Divide into 6 equal portions.
- Lay one chicken piece flat and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lay bundle of asparagus on one short side of the chicken and roll up tightly, securing with a tooth pick. Repeat.
- Heat oil in non stick pan over medium heat. Place rolls pick side down. Sprinkle a little more salt and pepper over the rolls and brown on all sides. Pour lemon juice over the rolls and finish in a 350 degree oven until the chicken is done and the asparagus is warmed through.
- Serve. I served them with mushroom risotto and fresh steamed carrots. Great.