Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a simply delicious meal...fast and so easy to make! If you aren't "artichoke-friendly", you will find a surprise at the sweet trail they leave behind even after a simple glass of water. Combined with the chicken, it's a jewel.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 -8 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1 (6 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained (frozen can be substituted)
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) box rotelle pasta (springs)
- Prepare chicken breasts by trimming any extra fat Pound out gently between two sheets of plastic wrap to flatten and thin breast to a 1/4".
- Cut into 1" cubes.
- Toss with Salt& Pepper; set aside.
- Drain artichoke hearts and slice them into 1/8's.
- Slice garlic thin.
- In a deep saucepan over medium-high heat, pour in olive oil and add chicken.
- Brown cubed chicken till lightly golden.
- Lower heat; add garlic and cook with chicken for 1 minute or just until slightly tan.
- Do not brown the garlic.
- Add the artichokes and diced tomatoes stirring to lift all the brown chicken flavor bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Cook Pasta and drain.
- Pour chicken sauce over and mix in cheese.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- It's so quick and easy and tastes GRRRREAT!
- Leftovers are even better the next day!
So easy but oh so good!! I didn't have diced tomatoes, so I used tomato sauce and some fresh chopped tomatoes that I added right at the end ... thanks for a great recipe!!
Well, I really wanted to love this because it looked so simple to prepare- however, I ended up adding so many other ingredients that I totally changed the recipe. Perhaps using marinated artichokes would have helped??? I ended up adding: crushed red pepper flakes, oregano, kalamata olives, a pinch of sugar and a few tbsp of balsamic vinegar. End result, pretty darn delicious. Thank you for getting me there!
This was very tasty. Really easy too. I quartered the recipe since it was just my husband and me, but I used a full 16-oz can of quartered artichoke hearts and a full 16-oz can of diced tomatoes. We love plenty of sauce on our pasta and the increased amounts totally fit the bill.