Recipe by cookCol
This is my husband's favorite chicken soup.
Top Review by Derf
quite good chicken soup! I used homemade stock and the meat from the bones of the stock and used frozen veggies, sweet potato, corn, broccoli, spinach and green beans, what I had in the freezer. We felt it could use a little more salt, we added more at the table. It will be nice to have in the freezer for lunches.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen Italian-style vegetables with pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chicken, mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add broth and Worcestershire sauce; mix well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- Stir in vegetables with pasta.
- Simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.