Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve with Jacket potatoes, or mash and peas. I made this for unexpected guests with little time to prepare, it went down a treat.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 red onions, cut into strips
- 10 broccoli florets
- 3⁄4 pint chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Heat the oil in a sucepan and brown the chicken.
- Add all of the vegetables, herbs and stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Mix the cornflour with a little water to form a smooth paste and add to the pan.
- Stir until the gravy has thickened.
- Add pepper to taste.
This is a very good recipe. I was feeding 5 people so, I used 5 chicken breasts. I only used 1 large red onion and doubled the amount of broccoli florets. The herb mixture that I used was a Roman Blend with garlic, onion, basil, thyme,chives, lemon peel, parsley & mint. I sauteed the vegetables with the chicken for about 2 minutes before adding the broth and herbs and cut down the simmer time to 15 minutes.