Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe passed on by a coworker. Nothing gourmet about this...just an easy, filling chicken dish!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 16 ounces sour cream (light is OK)
- 1 (16 ounce) package herb stuffing mix (I use pepperidge farm)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Mix chicken, soup, and sour cream.
- Spread into 9x13 baking dish (sprayed with Pam).
- Top with stuffing mix.
- Melt margarine and mix with chicken broth.
- Drizzle over top of casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes.
I thought this was fabulous and I loved the crunchy stuffing! kids ate it no prob too so that's a bonus!!
Stacy, This was so good.Such a great comfort food.My daughter who I can't get to eat any type of stuffing even liked this.This will become a regular at my house.With Thanksgiving comimg up,I'm going to try this with turkey,and home made stuffing.Thanks!
This was so good that I ate myself silly! Definitely a comfort food here. We smoked 2 chickens on our smoker and I made this as a side and this can also be a meal all by itself. I made it lastnight and could not quit eating it and all of a sudden was too full to eat anything else. There is about a cup full left and I am making another today. I am going to save this and make it for Thanksgiving as well. YUMMY! Thank you for a great recipe!