Recipe by CookinMamaof3
Easy to put together and inexpensive. I use Pepperidge Farm Stuffing Mix, but any kind would work. Also, you can use canned chicken if you're in a hurry!
Top Review by weird1
I liked it, but wasn't satisfied with recipe as is.
I tried the Pepridge Farm Stuffing, but did not like the taste. It seemed like it was missing some seasoning.
I then used StoveTop Cornbread Stuffing and it die the trick.
Also, I decided to experiment with the recipe and added a can of drained, sweet peas to the chicken mixture before adding it to the casserole dish. I then sprinkled Lowry's Seasoning Salt over the top of the top layer of stuffing before baking & it was great. Just a suggestion to try next time you make this dish.
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml margarine, melted
- 297.66 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 297.66 g can cream of chicken soup
- 473.18 ml cornbread stuffing mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken and reserve 1 cup broth. Tear cooled chicken apart and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter 9 x 13 casserole dish and put half of stuffing mix in the bottom of the dish.
- Combine broth, soups, margarine and chicken pieces. Mix well and pour into casserole dish. Top with remaining stuffing mix.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until bubbly.