Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy to put together and inexpensive. I use Pepperidge Farm Stuffing Mix, but any kind would work. Also, you can use canned chicken if you're in a hurry!
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups cornbread stuffing mix
- Boil chicken and reserve 1 cup broth. Tear cooled chicken apart and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter 9 x 13 casserole dish and put half of stuffing mix in the bottom of the dish.
- Combine broth, soups, margarine and chicken pieces. Mix well and pour into casserole dish. Top with remaining stuffing mix.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until bubbly.
I liked it, but wasn't satisfied with recipe as is.
I tried the Pepridge Farm Stuffing, but did not like the taste. It seemed like it was missing some seasoning.
I then used StoveTop Cornbread Stuffing and it die the trick.
Also, I decided to experiment with the recipe and added a can of drained, sweet peas to the chicken mixture before adding it to the casserole dish. I then sprinkled Lowry's Seasoning Salt over the top of the top layer of stuffing before baking & it was great. Just a suggestion to try next time you make this dish.
This is one of my family favorites. I also add green beans to it and will sometimes top with cheese. I have used both Stove Top Chicken and Cornbread Stuffing, depending on what I have on hand.
Very easy to make and all 4 of my daughters loved it and gobbled it right up, that doesn't happen often. One happy Dad here