Recipe by Felix4067
I think this one came from the first cookbook my mom ever bought me, I've made it ever since I was about ten years old. Easy, cheap, and good tasting. You can substitute onion soup for the celery soup, and use onion salt instead of soup mix if you want and it'll taste just fine (discovered that when I was out of them).
Top Review by auggiebelle
This was pretty good. I added some chicken broth while it was cooking because the rice was very dry and the chicken still needed to cook more. i will probably be making again. thanks for posting
- 2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 frying chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 package dry onion and mushroom soup mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle rice over bottom of dish, spreading evenly.
- Pour soups and milk into a saucepan, and heat over medium heat until heated through (do not boil), stirring occasionally.
- Pour soup mixture over rice, and stir until rice is completely coated.
- Lay pieces of chicken over rice, skin sides up.
- Sprinkle dry soup mix over chicken pieces, cover tightly with aluminum foil, and bake for 2 hours and 15 minutes, or until juices run clear from chicken when pierced with a fork.