Top Review by smellyvegetarian
Yum, this was a huge hit at our house. I love chicken thighs, and my hubby grew up eating chicken and rice casserole so this was a blast from his past. In fact, he asked for it again tomorrow night LOL! I used reduced fat cream of celery soup out of personal preference, and instant brown rice instead of white. Thanks for posting this yummy and quick comfort food recipe!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, each cut into 4 pieces
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar Green Giant sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups green giant frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked instant rice
Directions See How It's Made
- 1 Place chicken in 3-4 quart slow cooker.
- Top with soup, mushrooms and water; stir gently to mix and spread evenly over chicken.
- 2 Cover; cook on low for 4 ½ to 5 ½ hours.
- 3 About 15 minutes before serving, stir thawed peas and rice into chicken mixture.
- Cover; cook an additional 10 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- If desired, add salt and pepper to taste.