Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
- 1 Place chicken in 3-4 quart slow cooker.
- Top with soup, mushrooms and water; stir gently to mix and spread evenly over chicken.
- 2 Cover; cook on low for 4 ½ to 5 ½ hours.
- 3 About 15 minutes before serving, stir thawed peas and rice into chicken mixture.
- Cover; cook an additional 10 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- If desired, add salt and pepper to taste.
Yum, this was a huge hit at our house. I love chicken thighs, and my hubby grew up eating chicken and rice casserole so this was a blast from his past. In fact, he asked for it again tomorrow night LOL! I used reduced fat cream of celery soup out of personal preference, and instant brown rice instead of white. Thanks for posting this yummy and quick comfort food recipe!
great, simple and tasty. the 2nd time i made this i added in a chopped onion with the chicken and soup. i think adding the onion really rounds out the flavour and makes this recipe perfect. :)
This recipe falls under the "comfort food" category. I wasn't really crazy about the texture of the rice but the flavor was pretty good. I left out the mushrooms (icky) but added a bit of beef broth to make up for the juice they would have provided. Thanks for posting!