Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Wash the chicken breasts, put it all in a casserole pan, and pop it in the oven. So easy to make and the rice is delicious and the chicken crispy. My mom used to make it as we all loved it.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 ounce dry onion soup mix (if it is a little larger package it is fine)
- 1 cup raw rice
- 2 cups water
- 6 chicken breast halves
- Pam cooking spray
- Pam spray a 9x13 casserole.
- Add the mushroom soup, 1/4 package of onion soup mix, raw rice, and water and mix well-- (shake the onion soup packet well and eyeball it to 1/4 of a package, if there is a little more, it is fine).
- Wash chicken breasts and place on top of rice mixture.
- Dot with butter, salt, and pepper.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour.
Tasty! I like this recipe because it is soooo easy! Just mix a few things, stick it in the oven, and dinner is ready. It is a bit bland, but I added garlic salt and some spices on top of the chicken and it turned out quite nicely! I would skip the salt in the future, though, because the soup mixes are salty enough - you really don't need to add more.
Good recipe. 5 stars for easiness. Flavor is good; I sprinkled Mrs. Dash Chicken Grilling Blend over the top for added seasoning. I also cut the recipe in half for the two of us. Husband loved the rice; it was perfectly cooked in one hour. (FYI: 1 ounce pkg. of dry onion soup equals 4 Tbsp.)
Five stars for this easy and tasty dish! I've made this twice now and like the fact that the ingredients are things I always have on hand. I used "Healthy Choice" 98% fat-free mushroom soup, added a small can of drained mushroom pieces and stems, and cut two large chicken breasts into 3 pieces each. It fed the three of us with enough left for another meal for one.I didn't used the butter or additional salt and pepper, just pushed down the chicken pieces down into the soup/rice mixture and the chicken came out juicy and tender. DH really loves the rice in this dish! Thanks for posting this easy keeper, Mimi!