Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
My grandmother learned to make Arroz con pollo from a lady at our church when I was a kid. That receipt called for 2 whole chickens... I have never cooked it myself. This comes close, just be sure to use a tomato barbecue sauce, not a molasses one. Or you could use a can of crushed tomatoes with a thick barbecue sauce and cook the sauce down before adding the rice. You could certainly use any meat you have on hand.
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, parboiled 10 min and cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, cut into strips
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium red bell peppers or 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, to taste (I use Dinosaur Barbecue out of NY, (or more)
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Melt butter in pan and brown veggies.
- When they are slightly golden put them in a bowl and brown chicken on both sides.
- When chicken is browned add veggies, rice and sauce.
- Stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add more sauce if it is too dry.
This turned out great!