I make this for my fiance all the time because it's his favorite thing that I make for him and he's always asking for it lol. It's pretty simple, and I hope you enjoy it! Sometimes I throw in carrots and celery, as well as other veggies if available. That's up to you tho :) If you don't want as strong of a flavor, use just one teaspoon of chicken bouillon in the rice. I also like to use Campbell's cream of chicken with herbs sometimes :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the water in a pot with the chicken bouillon (use 2 teaspoons if you want a stronger, saltier flavor) and rice. Cook until rice is soft.
- 2While rice is cooking: In a non-stick pan, cook the chicken. You can also add chicken bouillon in with a bit of water, again if you want a stronger and saltier flavor. I recommend a half teaspoon.
- 3Chop up the chicken into bite size pieces.
- 4Combine the can of condensed soup with the chicken, pepper, cooked rice, and butter (if using it, it makes for a creamier flavor).
- 5If you're using vegetables, use some of the juices from the cooked chicken as well as the butter and saute to desired softness. Drain off any excess liquid and mix inches.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.1
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.7 mg
- Sodium 595.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast tenders