Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
I make this for my fiance all the time because it's his favorite thing that I make for him and he's always asking for it lol. It's pretty simple, and I hope you enjoy it! Sometimes I throw in carrots and celery, as well as other veggies if available. That's up to you tho :) If you don't want as strong of a flavor, use just one teaspoon of chicken bouillon in the rice. I also like to use Campbell's cream of chicken with herbs sometimes :)
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 -6 chicken breast tenders
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Boil the water in a pot with the chicken bouillon (use 2 teaspoons if you want a stronger, saltier flavor) and rice. Cook until rice is soft.
- While rice is cooking: In a non-stick pan, cook the chicken. You can also add chicken bouillon in with a bit of water, again if you want a stronger and saltier flavor. I recommend a half teaspoon.
- Chop up the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Combine the can of condensed soup with the chicken, pepper, cooked rice, and butter (if using it, it makes for a creamier flavor).
- If you're using vegetables, use some of the juices from the cooked chicken as well as the butter and saute to desired softness. Drain off any excess liquid and mix inches.
Quick and super easy recipe! I added in a half cup of frozen peas. This is comfort food to the max! Thanks for posting Cypress. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2011.