Recipe by Cypress
I make this for my fiance all the time because it's his favorite thing that I make for him and he's always asking for it lol. It's pretty simple, and I hope you enjoy it! Sometimes I throw in carrots and celery, as well as other veggies if available. That's up to you tho :) If you don't want as strong of a flavor, use just one teaspoon of chicken bouillon in the rice. I also like to use Campbell's cream of chicken with herbs sometimes :)
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 -6 chicken breast tenders
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the water in a pot with the chicken bouillon (use 2 teaspoons if you want a stronger, saltier flavor) and rice. Cook until rice is soft.
- While rice is cooking: In a non-stick pan, cook the chicken. You can also add chicken bouillon in with a bit of water, again if you want a stronger and saltier flavor. I recommend a half teaspoon.
- Chop up the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Combine the can of condensed soup with the chicken, pepper, cooked rice, and butter (if using it, it makes for a creamier flavor).
- If you're using vegetables, use some of the juices from the cooked chicken as well as the butter and saute to desired softness. Drain off any excess liquid and mix inches.