Top Review by Bill Hilbrich
This is a nice meal for three or, with a salad on the side, four people for lunch. Instead of spaghetti sauce from a jar, a cup of diced tomatoes ... out of the can is fine .. and a couple cloves of crushed garlic will add a fresh taste to the dish and save some money. You might want to add a little salt.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/ 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth (14-1/ 2 oz can) or 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth (14-1/ 2 oz can)
- 1⁄2 cup spaghetti sauce (14 oz jar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 3 cups rotini pasta (8oz) or 3 cups penne rigate, uncooked (8oz)
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In 10 inch skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; add chicken.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, spaghetti sauce and seasonings; heat to boiling.
- Add uncooked pasta, stirring to coat with liquid.
- Cover; reduce heat. Simmer 15 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or until most liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese. 5 servings (1 cup each)