Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
National Chicken Council.
Top Review by happinessishomemade
This is a very tasty, and QUICK dish to make- This is my second time making it- I don't have mushrooms this go-round, so I am going to use bacon instead(YUM) My husband loves this chicken dish, as do I! Defiantly adding it to my cookbook! :) Delicious! Thank you!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 cups cooked egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- In large non-stick fry pan, melt butter over high heat.
- Place flour in a pie pan; add chicken and turn to coat well.
- Place chicken in fry pan and cook, turning about 5 minutes to brown well on both sides.
- Stir in onions, mushrooms, and any unused flour.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring, until onion is golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- In small bowl, whisk together chicken broth and mustard.
- Pour mixture into fry pan and stir.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook about 5 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and parsley and simmer for 2 additional minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over egg noddles.