Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
National Chicken Council.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 cups cooked egg noodles
- In large non-stick fry pan, melt butter over high heat.
- Place flour in a pie pan; add chicken and turn to coat well.
- Place chicken in fry pan and cook, turning about 5 minutes to brown well on both sides.
- Stir in onions, mushrooms, and any unused flour.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring, until onion is golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- In small bowl, whisk together chicken broth and mustard.
- Pour mixture into fry pan and stir.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook about 5 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and parsley and simmer for 2 additional minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over egg noddles.
This is a very tasty, and QUICK dish to make- This is my second time making it- I don't have mushrooms this go-round, so I am going to use bacon instead(YUM) My husband loves this chicken dish, as do I! Defiantly adding it to my cookbook! :) Delicious! Thank you!
This is quite tasty. I cut the chicken into smaller pieces to speed up the cook time, but left everything else the same. The sauce was pretty thin, so next time I'll mix in some cornstarch with the broth. Thanks!
Hello Nurse Di, I found this in A Meals for You newsletter and we made it for a test run. It was so well received and was eaten-up with no comments, other Ay, que rico!(Oh, how good!)It was creamy without being too, too much. We sliced the mushrooms so that they wouldn't stand out and the resident's ate them without a fuss. It was a very successful and yummy meal! Unfirtunately, all I could do was just taste the chicken with some of sauce but no noodles and that was no fun (sugar too high)! Thank you for posting such a great recipe, Diane :=)