A delicious and easy Chinese take-out copycat. Sweet and garlicky- you will not be disappointed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/4 lbs green beans
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (white vinegar or rice vinegar also fine)
- 4 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce (Kikkoman is best)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 1/2 garlic cloves
- 1If starting with frozen chicken breasts, set in bowl of cold water to defrost.
- 2Take end off green beans and wash.
- 3Rinse rice in several changes of water until water is mostly clear. Add fresh water for cooking and set aside.
- 4Dice chicken into bite-sized pieces (approx 1/2-inch cubes). Place diced chicken in bowl.
- 5Add marinade ingredients to chicken – soy sauce, sherry, garlic (chopped or pressed through garlic press). Stir well to distribute marinade.
- 6Refrigerate chicken.
- 7Start rice to cook before starting stir fry.
- 8Prepare stir fry sauce. Add brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, sherry and garlic (again chopped or pressed through garlic press) in small bowl. You can also add fresh ginger if you have it.
- 9Add cornstarch and stir well, pressing out any lumps until sauce has a consistent milky brown color.
- 10Heat two tablespoons of oil in an large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 11Add green beans. If green beans don’t fit in one batch, cook half at a time. Use long tongs to turn beans over while cooking so that they do not burn.
- 12If beans are particularly thick, add two tablespoons of water to pan and cover skillet for a couple of minutes to steam-cook beans to desired tenderness. Do not overcook, as beans will go back in the pan briefly later.
- 13Remove beans from pan.
- 14Add two more tablespoons of oil to pan. Add chicken and stir to separate pieces.
- 15When chicken is cooked (turns from pink to white), add prepared stir fry sauce and stir. Sauce will quickly turn from milky light brown to glossy dark brown as it cooks.
- 16Add string beans and stir to combine. Add dash of sesame oil if desired.
- 17Remove chicken and string beans to serving dish.
- 18Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken and Green Bean Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.2
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 1398.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 28.3 g