Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a version of a recipe my mother-in-law taught me to make. It is a family favorite. It is an entire meal in one pan! You can prepare the chicken any way that is convenient for you. Prep time does not include cooking chicken.
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing mix (favorites are Pepperidge Farms herb or cornbread)
- 2 cups cooked chicken (I do mine in a slow cooker)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can French style green beans (drained)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 -2 cup seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (optionl)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine ingredients and put in greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Cover with more stuffing mix and margarine, if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until bubbly.
I enjoyed this casserole. I did use the optional topping and was glad I did as we enjoyed the crunch. I will definitely make this again, but may try using 1/2 the recommended amount of sour cream, just a personal preference thing. Thanks for your recipe!