Recipe by tracytack
This is a version of a recipe my mother-in-law taught me to make. It is a family favorite. It is an entire meal in one pan! You can prepare the chicken any way that is convenient for you. Prep time does not include cooking chicken.
Top Review by catmaniacs
I enjoyed this casserole. I did use the optional topping and was glad I did as we enjoyed the crunch. I will definitely make this again, but may try using 1/2 the recommended amount of sour cream, just a personal preference thing. Thanks for your recipe!
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing mix (favorites are Pepperidge Farms herb or cornbread)
- 2 cups cooked chicken (I do mine in a slow cooker)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can French style green beans (drained)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 -2 cup seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (optionl)