Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 pieces
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1-1/4 lb.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed (leave whole)
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2 pieces
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, cut lengthwise in half, then sliced (Roma, about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinaigrette or 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- In a 12” nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with garlic salt and pepper. Add chicken to bacon in skillet. Cook 3-5 minutes or until browned on both sides.
- Discard excess bacon drippings if necessary. Add water and green beans to skillet. Cover and cook over medium-low heat 8 minutes. Stir in bell pepper. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes, turning and stirring vegetables occasionally, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut.
- Stir in tomatoes and dressing. Cook uncovered about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are thoroughly heated.