Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an easy, yummy, one meal dish! No complaints yet!!
- 4 large bone in chicken breasts
- salt, on hand
- pepper, on hand
- garlic powder, on hand
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion, chopped fine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt (add or lessen just depends on taste)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 8 flour tortillas (me casa is a good brand, make sure they are thick and not dingy, try not to get tortillias from the)
- Cover the chicken breast with water (about 1 inch above).
- Put a dash of salt, pepper, and garlic powder in the water and boil until chicken is cooked.
- Remove chicken breast and let cool.
- Remove any debris from the broth.
- Add the 2 bullion cubes, soup, and 1 1/2 cup of water to the broth and bring to a light boil.
- Add the de-boned chicken back into the pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients except tortillias and boil.
- while this is cooking, stack the tortillias (about 5 to a stack) and cut in long strips, then into quarters.
- Drop them into the boiling pot, reduce heat, cover and simmer.
- Taste broth and see if you need to add any seasonings, serve with cornbread or rolls!