Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Super easy chicken and dumpling recipe! Made this one up when I couldn't find an easy one hanging around.
- 1 can garlic chicken broth
- 2 can cream of chicken soup
- 59.14 ml frozen corn
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 236.59 ml Bisquick
- 236.59 ml milk (about)
- Boil chicken in chicken broth until juices run clear.
- Remove chicken from pan and add cream of chicken soup and corn to broth.
- Bring to boil while cubing cooked chicken.
- Mix together Bisquick, milk and pepper into a thick batter.
- When pot has a rolling boil, drop batter in by the tablespoon around the edges to form dumplings
- When pot returns to rolling boil turn heat down to low boil, for approximately 10 minutes, or until dumplings are done. They will lose there shine.
- Add cubed chicken bake in for last 5 minutes, to reheat.
I found this recipe really close to the one my mom used to make. It TASTED GREAT and was really easy. Cooking the dumplings took a bit more than 10 minutes.
I did not have an easy time with this recipe, but I think it is just a problem with me. I have never attempted to make dumplings before, and this was a disaster. It turned into a big pot of chicken and dumpling flavored mush. It tasted good, but neither one of us could get past the look and texture of it. I am going to try this again sometime and hopefully I will have a better time with the dumplings.